Apostilization of the documents
Ukrainian documents are often not admitted in other countries without certification of documents’ authenticity. Thus, if you are dreaming of foreign education or official employment, you must first prepare a set of required documents.
If you want your Diploma or Birth Certificate to be accepted abroad, it should be legalized. An easy way to confirm the authenticity is to apostillize the documents.
Apostilization is a simplified procedure of consular legalization of the documents. Unlike the consular certification of authenticity, it takes much less time to affix apostille, which will also be acceptable in several countries.
The apostille looks like a square stamp. All the data is written inside the stamp certifying the documents’ authenticity.
Affixing Apostille in Ukraine
There are three types of authorities dealing with the documents’ apostilization in Kyiv:
- educational (diplomas, school certificates) and cultural activities related documents (awards, competitional diplomas) are certified by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
- legal (court orders, protocols, testimonies, statements) and notarial documents (last will and testament, deed of gift, deed of ownership) are certified by the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine.
- documents, obtained from the Ministry of Interior of Ukraine (police clearance certificate, arms license), from the Department of visas and registration (foreign passport), and also medical documents (medical record, medical history, disablement certificate) are certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine.
However, there are some documents that cannot be affixed with apostille:
- documents, issued by diplomatic authorities of Ukraine abroad;
- commercial and customs documents;
- any copies or originals of passports;
- military card;
- work record book;
- firearm license;
- vehicle registration documents;
- identity cards;
- laws and regulations;
- private correspondence.
business, study, work, permanent residence, travel
from 320 UAH
from 4 working days